Ideas and activities for your minis in December
There are a thousand and one ways to celebrate throughout the month of December: Advent calendar, elf, magic box, activities here and there, etc. Here we offer you 24 ideas to make in order or out of order to add a little magic to this already festive period!
You can choose to do them all or do one from time to time. The important thing is that it's fun, if you want it and without putting too much pressure on yourself!
- Letter to Santa - no need for a stamp, we'll remind you! Simply write the following address on the envelope, with your address to receive a response
- Meal in reverse, dessert before supper
- Christmas cards, drawings, little notes to send to those you love
- Mini Christmas lights in the children's room
- Christmas bedding - we're offering you 20% off our Holiday collection with code POLENORD20
(*valid until December 15 or while stocks last, cannot be combined with another promotion, not applicable on previous purchases)
- Christmas crafts: we really like this one, The quilt
Giant cookie, Christmas version - a Ricardo recipe to make with the family
- Mini tree in the children's room: real miniature tree, mini artificial tree, DIY, everything is good!
- Christmas tattoos for everyone! We love those from Pico Tatoo!
- Cleaning and donating toys: we sort out what is no longer needed and send it so that other minis can enjoy it.
You can donate your toys to most fire stations, to Collectif Bienvenue , to toy libraries or community organizations in your area.
- Secret Santa: when they wake up, everyone draws the name of another member of the family and must pay little attention to them throughout the day. At bedtime, we try to guess who got us!
- Christmas stories, audiobook version! We find several on the application Ohdio from Radio-Canada. For little ones, we fell under the spell of Little Mouse's wish . Our favorite for older children is A Christmas Carol , narrated by Melissa Mollen Dupuis
- Walk under the moon, to observe the neighbors' pretty Christmas decorations and choose the best decorated house!
- Evening without screens, by candlelight.
- Trip to the library to raid Christmas books
- Hot chocolate bar: marshmallows, small candies, Christmas canes, whipped cream, sprinkles, chocolate chips, we build the drink of our dreams!
- Sleep under the tree, in the soft glow of Christmas lights
- Snowman - if Mother Nature is not on our side, we'll go with a DIY version or with marshmallows!
- Special Christmas bath with foam , a bath bomb, glow sticks or cubes, toys, a hot towel out of the dryer, etc.
- Seek and find Christmas: we make a list of items to find (Santa Claus, reindeer, penguin, tree, etc.) and we go for a walk to check off all the items on our list
- Christmas cinema, we watch our favorite film as a family. Which one is yours?
Hoping that our ideas inspire you and bring joy to your month of December! Don’t hesitate to share yours with us, we love to talk to you!